FAQ: What of I am in an Accident and the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance.

A: Don’t be shocked if this happens to you.  The reality is that many people, especially in an economic downturn, do drive without insurance.  If you have an accident with an uninsured driver, you should be able to collect compensation for your injuries and the damage to your vehicle from your own underinsured motorist (UM) coverage.  That is why you have UM coverage and why the State of West Virginia requires every registered vehicle to have bodily injury UM coverage of at least $20,000 per person and $40,000 per occurrence as well as property damage coverage of at least $10,000 per event.  Most people do not carry nearly enough UM coverage, though, to protect themselves and their loved ones in the event of a serious accident.  If you have questions about your UM coverage, or any other coverage, please call our office and we’ll be glad to help.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: