This Memorial Day, try a new spin on two summertime favorites – fruit salad and chips with salsa!
For the Salsa
2 Fuji apples (or substitute Golden Delicious) – peeled, cored, diced
2 kiwis – peeled, diced
8 ounces raspberries
1 pound strawberries
3 tablespoons fruit preserves, jam, or jelly (any flavor)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons white sugar
For the Chips
10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- In a large bowl, mix kiwis, apples, raspberries, strawberries, sugar (white and brown), and preserves. Cover bowl and chill in refrigerator at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Coat both sides of each flour tortilla with the cooking spray. Cut the tortillas into triangles and place them in a Ziploc bag. Add cinnamon sugar mixture to the bag, close it, and shake gently until the chips are adequately coated. Remove them from the bag and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, then allow them to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with the fruit salsa and enjoy!
Try substituting your favorite fruits for the ones listed and playing with the amount of sugar added to the salsa to customize the recipe to your own tastes.